Caregiving for a Child with a Disability
Parenting a child with a disability encompasses a unique set of lifestyle challenges and stressors. Some of the strategies that parents can use to manage these stressful situations can include:
- Ask for support from people who care about you.
- Communicate with people that will listen and empathize with your situation.
- Keep in mind that your typical support system might be weakened if those close to you are also experiencing stressful life events.
- Find local support groups
- Keep in mind that finding local supports can be extremely helpful for thosewith limited support networks.
- Engage in healthy activities.
- Establish or reestablish routines.
- Enhance your knowledge.
- Provide play experiences to help relieve tension.
Last modified: Tuesday, May 21, 2019, 1:44 PM