Welcome to the Neurodevelopmental Disabilities and Mental Health Module!
In this module, we will:
- Present the basics of neurodevelopmental disabilities (NDD) and share some common forms of NDD.
- Define mental health and understand some common factors that impact mental health.
- Describe the connection between NDD and mental health including common mental health problems experienced and how these mental health problems may show up for people with NDD.
- Outline the complex nature of having NDD and mental health problems, including impacts on the individual and family.
- Highlight when to seek mental health support, the types of support that are available and possible challenges in locating these supports. Some resources and suggestions are provided to help locate formal mental health supports.
Let's get started. Click on the "Read This First - Some Important Information" section below to start this module.